FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Anna R. Vetter; (217) 840-1034
FRESNO – Following countless endorsements from Tulare and Kern Counties, this afternoon, the Valadao for Congress Campaign announced even more endorsements from Fresno County elected officials.
Congressman David Valadao stated, “From Firebaugh to Sanger, Fresno County is home to some of the most dedicated public servants in California.” He went on, “Fresno County elected officials know just how important it is for our district to be well represented in Washington. With their support our team will be victorious on Election Day.”
Fresno County cities within the boundaries of the 21st Congressional District include parts of Fresno, Kerman, Firebaugh, Tranquillity, Selma, Huron, Coalinga, Parlier, Riverdale, among others. The County is known for its production of oranges, almonds, raisins, and cotton and is home to the Giant Sequoia National Monument, Kings Canyon National Park, Sequoia National Forest, and the Sierra National Forest.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims stated, “Congressman Valadao is committed to working with law enforcement to keep our communities and families safe. He is the best choice for public safety.”
“David Valadao understands how critical water is to the Central Valley and is one candidate who can bring a reliable water supply to our communities,” stated Fresno County Supervisor Buddy Mendes. “A vote for Congressman Valadao is a vote for water, jobs, and a stronger economy.”
City of Kerman Mayor Stephen B. Hill exclaimed, “I wholeheartedly support Congressman Valadao! He’s not a career politician, but a servant-leader who can be trusted with a passion for the people.”
“Politicians come and go but there are very few elected officials like David Valadao – a leader you can truly trust and deeply respect,” shared City of Kerman Mayor Pro Tem Gary K. Yep. He continued, “David is sincere in his efforts and beyond dedicated to his constituents. I am proud to send him back to Congress.”
City of Kingsburg Mayor Bruce Blayney stated, “I am proud of David Valadao and his leadership in Congress fighting for the issues most important to our communities. The Central Valley is lucky to have a strong voice in Washington representing our interests.”
“David Valadao has used his experience and expertise to effectively represent the Central Valley in Washington. Every day he fights to strengthen our communities, fighting for water, jobs, and families. I am proud to support David Valadao for reelection,” said City of Kingsburg Councilmember Staci Smith.
Michelle Roman, City of Kingsburg Mayor Pro Tem explained, “Congressman Valadao has been a big supporter and partner to the City of Kingsburg. His leadership has been valuable at the national level and we need to keep him there fighting for all of us here in the Central Valley.”
The complete list of endorsements from Fresno County can be found below:
- Buddy Mendes; Supervisor, Fresno County
- Margaret Mims; Sheriff, Fresno County
- Brian Pacheco; Supervisor, Fresno County
- Alma M. Beltran; Mayor, City of Parlier
- Raul Villanueva; Councilmember, City of Parlier
- Bruce Blayneyl; Mayor, City of Kingsburg
- Michelle Roman; Mayor Pro Tem, City of Kingsburg
- Staci Smith; Councilmember, City of Kingsburg
- David Cardenas; Mayor, City of Fowler
- Sandie Monis; Councilmember, City of Fowler
- Sylvia Chavez; Mayor, City of Huron
- Stephen B. Hill; Mayor, City of Kerman
- Gary K. Yep; Mayor Pro Tempore, City of Kerman
- Ron Ramsey; Mayor, City of Coalinga
- Patrick Keough; Mayor Pro Tempore, Coalinga
- Ron Lander; Councilmember, City of Coalinga
- Robert Silva; Mayor, City of Mendota
- Joseph Riofrio; Councilmember, City of Mendota
Congressman David G. Valadao represents the 21st Congressional District, which includes Kings County and portions of Fresno, Tulare, and Kern Counties.